Due to the Covid 19 Restrictions most of us aren’t able to go visit our favourite restaurants to enjoy our best bites to eat or even get takeaways, so if you fancy a wee curry then this is for you. This 15 minute dish is quick and easy to make, and using staple ingredients that most of us have in our kitchen cupboards, its quicker than phoning a takeaway and can be made more healthier too by adding in your favourite vegetables.
This was a full flavour curry with loads of sauce, great for scooping up the rice. The flavours were so good that my other half said I needed to make this sauce again for his chips….lol! Yes, curry chips is his thing! If you make, let me know what you think.
2 Large Chicken Breasts, cut into bite size pieces
2 White Onions, cut into wedges
Handful of Frozen Garden Peas (optional)
2 Tbsp oil
1 Tsp Soy Sauce
2 Tsp Cornflour
350ml Chicken Stock
4 Tsps Curry Powder
1 Tsp Turmeric
1/2 Tsp Ground Ginger
1/2 Tsp Brown Sugar
Salt & Pepper to taste
50g per person of Cooked Rice (of your choosing) to serve.
- Heat 1Tbsp oil in a pan or wok on high heat. Mix together the soy sauce and 1Tbsp oil in a bowl add in the chicken pieces and coat, sprinkle 1 Tsp of cornflour over to coat, season, then add to the hot pan and brown all over, remove with a slotted spoon.
- Add the onions to the hot pan and stir fry until softened and slightly brown, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add to the pan the Frozen Peas, Curry Powder, Turmeric, Ginger & Sugar, mix through for about 1 minute to release flavours.
- Pour in the stock and bring to the boil, mix 1 Tsp cornflour with a little water and slowly pour little at a time into the sauce mix until it starts to thicken slightly. Add back to the pan the cooked chicken and mix through and simmer gently for about 5 minutes.
- Serve with cooked rice. Enjoy!