O.M.G!…this little dish was amazingly tasty and even better, it was under 500 calories too! I am on a mission to eat a bit healthier this year, I generally do, but I’m making more of an effort this year….( I know, I hear you, we all say that in January….lol!) It was also so quick to make, in just 10 minutes my dinner was ready, a great mid week or quick Friday night dinner. Bonus:- Under 500 calories and full of flavour!
150g Wholewheat Penne pasta
6 slices or Parma Ham – chopped
1 red onion – thinly chopped
1 tsp crushed garlic
1 chilli – chopped or 1 tsp dried chillies
60ml creme fraiche
1 handful of frozen peas
small handful of chopped parsley
small handful of chopped mint
Grated zest of 1 lemon
2 ladel’s spoonfuls of pasta water
Spray oil – low calorie
- Bring a pan of water to the boil and cook pasta for about 8-10 mins or follow packet instructions.
- Gently heat spray oil in a fry pan on medium heat
- Add onion, parma ham, chilli and garlic and cook through. Half way add 2 ladle’s of the pasta water.
- When pasta is ready, drain and add to the pan along with the peas, cook for 2 minutes to heat peas through.
- Add creme fraiche, parsley, mint & grate lemon zest and stir through, only for 30 secs. Ready to serve.