It was National Cheesecake Day on July 30th, 3 days after my partners birthday & he wanted Cheesecake for his dessert. We must have went through every flavour on the planet until he decided that it was Crunchie he was going to settled for. To be honest I was glad as I do love a Crunchie Bar, it’s just that lovely melt in the mouth honeycomb that I like. This was delicious!
Makes a Deep fill 9″ Cake
300g Cream Cheese (I use Philadelphia & full fat, it dosen’t work with the lighter one)
150ml Double Cream
80g Icing Sugar
3 Cadburys Crunchie Bars – Blitzed in a processor
1 tsp vanilla essence
13 Digestive Biscuits – Blitzed in a processor
50g Melted Butter
Milk Chocolate shavings for the topping
- Grease and line the bottom of a springform tin with greaseproof paper, set aside
- Mix the melted butter with the crushed Digestives and spoon into the tin, pressing down with the back of a spoon until compact and smooth. Chill in the Fridge for about 1 hour
- Meanwhile, mix the cream cheese, crushed crunchie bars and Icing Sugar together in a bowl with a hand mixer.
- In a separate bowl whisk the double cream and vanilla essence until soft peaks form.
- Fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mix, don’t over mix as you want to leave as much air in as possible. Once your biscuit base has set, gently smooth the cream cheese filling on top, return to the fridge and allow to fully set for at least 12 hours or preferably overnight.
- Remove from fridge about 10-15 minutes before you are ready to serve and shave some milk chocolate over the top, or you could grate or break up another crunchie bar for extra flavour. Yum! Remove from Cake tin and slice.
- This can be kept in the fridge for about 2-3 days.