These were lovely, it was a recipe I was testing, now I’m not much of a chocolate or brownie fan but I have to say I did have more than 1…..lol!
375g cubed unsalted butter
300g Dark Chocolate, I used 70%
375g Caster Sugar
75g cocoa powder
6 large eggs
100 g plain flour
200g cherries in kirsch, drained, chopped
Cherry Syrup from jar (8-10 tbsps)
Icing sugar to decorate and finish
- Preheat oven to fan 160 deg. Line a baking tin with baking sheet and grease. Approx 33 x 23 x 2cm tin
- In a large pan, melt the butter and chocolate over a low heat, stirring occasionally, until smooth. Remove from the heat and leave to cool for 2 minutes. If you have Induction hob, put on at level 1.
- Beat the eggs and sugar together until pale.
- Slowly pour the melted butter & chocolate into the egg mixture, stiring all the time.
- Fold in the flour & cocoa, then add the cherries and 5 tbsps of the cherry syrup.
- Pour the mixture into your baking tin and bake for about 35 minutes or until you get a light wobble in the middle.
- Remove from oven and drizzle remaining syrup over the brownie and allow to cool for 10 minutes. Then place in a freezer for 1/2 hour to allow to set.
- Slice up into squares and sprinkle with icing sugar to finish, then just devour! Yummy!
You must be logged in to post a comment.