On deciding what to do next using my crisper plate, I thought I’ve not really tried a cake?? Would it work?? Only 1 way to find out………………………..results were fab, tasty and baked in 10 minutes…….revelation!
200g Dark Chocolate – Melted (I used 70% cocoa)
170g golden caster sugar
1 tbsp flour
1 tsp vanilla extract
- If you have an Induction hob, melt chocolate in a pan on No. 1, if not melt using a glass bowl over boiling water. Once nearly melted add in butter and melt through, stirring a couple of times. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Chop nuts into very small pieces or use a processor and pulse but make sure not to make into crumbs.
- Separate egg yolks from egg whites
- One at a time add egg yolks to the chocolate and butter mix, stirring continuously.
- Then stir in vanilla, sugar, nuts & flour
- Whisk the egg whites together until stiff peaks, then gently fold into your chocolate mixture.
- Pour the mixture onto the crisper plate and cook on dynamic crisp setting for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool. Once cooled remove from plate, slice and serve with some lovely whipped cream or ice cream if you prefer. YUMMY!!!!