I am on the health hunt again, looking for alternative options. These were delicious.
Makes 6 or 4 large ones – (can be frozen) Per serving:- Calories: 191, Fat 3.6g of which 1.2g saturate, Carbs 8.3g, Protein 11.4g.
1 red onion
1 courgette or green pepper (your preference)
1 red chilli – chopped
2 cloves garlic
250g turkey mince (you can use chicken or lean minced beef)
50 g oat bran
120 g mozerella
salt & pepper
1. Chop the onion, courgette or pepper, garlic and chilli and saute in a little oil in a large pan for 5 mins, then let cool.
2. In a bowl mix the minced turkey, eggs, oat bran, salt and pepper and the cooled vegetable mix and mix well.
3. Form the burgers and push a slice of mozerella into the middle covering well.
4. Grill on a medium heat for 5 mins each side, or place on a griddle pan with little oil for 5 mins each side, check that it is cooked through.
5. Serve on it’s own with some side salad or low fat chips, or you can serve in a healthy flatbread with some tomato and salad.